Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tasting - Garnacha de Fuego

Name: Garnacha de Fuego
Variety: Grenache
Region: Catalayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $9.99
Wine Review: On the nose, this wine shows ripe black fruits: black raspberry and prune, with a touch of eucalyptus, pepper, and a smidgeon of earth. The palate offers a silky smooth texture, warm black raspberry, black cherry, and plum, with a touch of spice. Acidity and tannins are medium, appropriate for food but not so high that they're overbearing when this wine is drunk by itself.
My Review: This wine had a very very dark red color. I did not get very much on the nose when I smelled it. It had a very spicy taste. The wine was very smooth. I really did not care for this wine.
Food: I did not taste this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment